Lime Body #002 Guitar / Bass 1 piece (unique piece)
Unique body of one-piece Lime wood, to build solid instruments like basses and electric guitars.
The advantages of a one-piece body are that vibrations are better transmitted throughout the entire instrument, giving a brighter, more compact sound and resonance.
Unique piece, the photographs are not generic, they are exclusive to this piece. What you see is exactly what you will receive. You will find a photograph of the front and another of the reverse.
Drying time: Minimum natural drying of 5 years.
Measurements: 580 x 375 x 54 mm mm
- Lime wood is soft, with a short fiber and a fine and uniform cellular structure. It is very easy to work with and very popular in turning and carving.
- Scientific name:Tilia cordata, Tilia x europaea, Tilia plattyphyllos
- Common name: Tilo europeo, tilo común, tilo de hoja grande.
- Origin: France
- Sapwood and heartwood: white-yellow, over time pale brown.
- Fiber: Straight.
- Medium density: 520-560 Kg/m3
- Sawing: No problems
- Gluing: No problems
- Nailed and screwed: No problems
- Finish: No problems